This year has led to massive disruptions across all industries, and commercial real estate development is among them.
If you have been planning a commercial construction project, you probably have encountered multiple obstacles you did not expect this year. But does financing need to be among them? Not necessarily. You might worry that you will not be able to find a competitive construction loan during this time, but that does not need to be the case.
Lending Bankers Mortgage President, David Otero, said, “In fact, multiple commercial lenders in Miami are offering affordable interest rates at this time, and are willing to consider construction loan applications.”
Let’s go over some things you should know about applying for a construction loan, and what you can expect.
Things To Know About Applying for a Construction Loan
- Project delays are common. First of all, if you are still in the early stages of planning your project, you may not yet have contacted subcontractors. If that is the case, it may be helpful for you to know going into the process that delays with subcontractors are widespread right now because of health and safety concerns. So, the real timeline for your project may be longer than your projected timeline. You may want to revisit this before you apply for financing.
- Construction loans are still available. While you might be concerned that construction loans will be difficult to come by at this time, there are many opportunities out there. You should be able to find competitive financing if you know where to look.
- You can take advantage of low-interest rates. We have been seeing some incredible low-interest rates this year, so this might actually be an affordable time to start a construction project. So, even though you will face challenges trying to construct commercial real estate in today’s times, there are advantages you can capitalize upon as well if you time your loan application well. Need assistance finding those low-interest rates? That’s what Lending Bankers Mortgage is here to help you do.
- You need to account for your new timeline when applying. Lenders are most likely to approve applications for construction financing when the applicant provides building plans a clear and realistic timetable for the project. While this has always been the case, lenders nowadays will be looking to protect themselves even more than in the past. If you account specifically for expected delays in your project timeline when you make your application, that is going to reassure lenders that you know what you are getting into and that you have planned ahead for a successful project. When a lender knows you have assessed risks, obstacles, and delays and prepared for them, they will feel more comfortable offering you a loan.
- As always, working with a commercial mortgage broker in Miami can help. Finally, what has long been the case remains true today, which is that shopping for a commercial loan on your own going from lender to lender can be a time-consuming process. But when you work with a commercial mortgage broker in Florida, the broker takes care of all of that hard work so that you can keep focusing on planning your commercial construction project.
Construction Loans in Miami with Lending Bankers Mortgage
For more than sixteen years, Lending Bankers Mortgage has been building a network of trusted lenders and connecting commercial applicants with the competitive financing they need to turn their projects into realities. It is still possible to apply quickly for fast, affordable financing to build commercial real estate, and they are here to make it happen. To get started now, please give them a call at (786) 220-1100. They will help you achieve your goals.