When you invest in real estate in Florida, you either will need to manage the property yourself, or hire someone else to do it. Working with a property management company can save a lot of time and reduce the stresses involved with taking care of your investment. And if you do not reside in FL yourself, it is going to be a necessity. But what should you consider when choosing a property management company? Here are some factors to think about.
- Local: If possible, you may want to work with a property management company that is locally based in Florida. A local company will be well-networked with businesses that can help with maintenance or other tasks. The property manager will also be able to be on-site if needed.
- Size: Property management companies can be large or small; there are pros and cons to either. Bigger companies may offer more services, but smaller ones may offer a more personalized approach.
- Services: Check which services the property management company provides. Make sure they will be able to do everything you need.
- Licensing: Your property management company should be appropriately licensed to do business in the state of FL.
- Methods and results: Don’t just ask what services the company offers—ask them how they perform those services. For instance, if there is a vacancy in one of the units, how will they advertise to fill the vacancy? On average, how quickly have they been able to fill similar units in the past?
- Overall impression: There is a lot of trust involved in working with a property management company; they will be handling much of the day-to-day work involved with your investment. In fact, their performance can make or break you when it comes to keeping a steady stream of revenue flowing in and your property in good condition. So, make sure you get a great impression of their customer service, organization, and so forth.
- Referrals and reviews: You need not take it on faith that a property management company is going to do a good job. You can look up reviews and even ask for referrals. Read them carefully to find out what people liked and did not like about working with each company you are thinking of using.
Invest in Florida Real Estate with a Competitive Loan
Lending Bankers Mortgage is well-networked within the state of Florida; we can give you referrals for trusted property management companies. We also can connect you with a competitive loan to finance the purchase of your real estate property. To get started now, please give us a call today at 786-220-1100 to schedule your consultation.
Do you know how much home you can afford?
Most people don’t... Find out in 10 minutes.Today's Mortgage Rates